The Agency of Digital Services is the successor organization to the former Department of Information and Innovation (DII). The agency officially came into existence on April 17, 2017 by Executive Order 06-17, issued by Governor Phil Scott on January 15, 2017. The executive order elevated the Chief Information Officer to a cabinet level post charging the Agency of Digital Services to join with its partners in state government to achieve the overall objective of improving the coordination and effectiveness of providing services to the public.
The Agency of Digital Services is organized into five divisions and the seven IT Directors embedded with our partners in state government:
- Security Division lead by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Enterprise Architecture Division lead by the Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Data Management Division lead by the Chief Data Officer (CDO)
- Finance Division led by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Enterprise Project Management Division lead by the Director of Enterprise Project Management (EPMO)
- Shared Services Division lead by the Director of Shared Services (DSS)
- Seven IT Directors embedded within our partner agency organizations, each responsible for the day-to-day management of partner IT projects and initiatives.